Join me (with my lovely colleague Naomi King) on Wednesday, August 10 at 8pm EDT for a tweetchat on Generations in the Church!
Use the hashtag #genchurch to follow. I recommending using TweetChat.com to isolate and better follow the chat.
IMPORTANT: When you are chatting, please do BOTH of the following:
- Use #genchurch in your tweet so it is part of the TweetChat.
- Identify your generation by initial:
- GI Generation – GI
- Silent – S
- Boomer – B
- GenX – X
- Millennial – M
Some background you’ll find helpful:
For the purposes of this chat, we’ll be using the Strauss & Howe/Eeman delineations for generations. Keep this chart handy for reference during the chat:
|Name of Current Generation||Generational Type||Current Ages (born between)|
|Homeland (?)||Adaptive||up to age 6 (2005-2026?)|
Some of the questions I’ll be asking:
- How do you view God/the Divine/Creator/Spirit?
- How do you view the role of the church?
- Did you grow up in a UU congregation, another denomination, or none?
- What do you think we’re getting right for your generation?
- What do you think we’re getting wrong/missing for your generation?
Some ground rules:
- Please be kind! Generational differences can be amplified when we’re talking about generational differences.
- Please stay on topic – jokes and related topics are okay, and are part of the ebb and flow of a conversation, but let’s keep it to Generations in the Church.
- Please indicate irony, snark, rhetorical questions… sadly, we still don’t have emotive fonts!
- Please remember these are public conversations.
If you have any questions before the chat, please feel free to drop me an email/comment/tweet!